Do you like this story?
RedSnow 0.9.9b1 [RedSn0w 0.9.9 b1] – For iPhone / iPod Touch / iPad
RedSnow0.9.9b1: Now another Tweak in the Apple Jailbreak Industry has been came out when MuscleNerd announces another Great Update to RedSnow. RedSn0w 0.9.9b1 has been released which have no need to IPSW for Jailbreak iOS. According to him, RedSn0w is on its way which will allows users to Jailbreak iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Apple TV without needing to point at an IPSW and also allows users submit SHSH blobs to Cydia. He has just released fully upgraded jailbreaking utility version of RedSn0w0.9.9b1. RedSn0w0.9.9b1 included some very useful new features as users just select your firmware with press “IPSW selection button”, and users submit SHSH blobs from upgraded RedSn0w to Cydia. This RedSn0w version 0.9.9b1 jailbreak utility on for it covers same devices and FWs as before. RedSnow 0.9.9 b1 can Jailbreak iOS 4.3.5 and iOS 5 too.
RedSn0w 0.9.9b1 Features and Improvements (DevTeam Blog)
- uses DFU mode to try to automatically determine which device and FW you have
- fetches pieces of public IPSWs from Apple (once). Non-public IPSWs must be provided manually (once). It then caches those pieces for future use.
- “Just boot” is a tethered boot. Uses whatever “Preferences” you’ve set for boot logo and kernel boot-args
- “Pwned DFU” puts your device in a pwned DFU state for some of the iTunes stuff detailed below
- “Recovery fix” gets past 1015 types of errors (when baseband portion of restore fails). Should work on iOS5 beta too
- “Select IPSW” is for picking non-public IPSWs, or overriding auto-detection
- “SHSH blobs” has a bunch of options…
- “Fetch” – fetch current PARTIAL blobs on device. Puts this set PARTIAL of blobs on your computer as a plist. Checks if Cydia already has a full set for this device and build. If not, it submits this partial set and returns Cydia’s acknowledgement or rejection
- ”Verify” – cryptographically verifies existing blob files from either redsn0w, TinyUmbrella, or Cydia server. You can select a whole bunch of blobs to verify at once if you want (like the TinyUmbrella directory)
- “Submit” – both verifies and submits one or more blob files to Cydia. This lets you copy your entire TinyUmbrella cache of blobs up to the Cydia server
- ”Query” - queries the Cydia server for all available full or partial blobs for a given set of ECIDs
- “Stitch” – stitches either FULL or PARTIAL blobs to a STOCK or CUSTOM IPSW
- FULL blobs stitched to a STOCK IPSW gives you a completely self-contained signed IPSW that iTunes will accept without any tricks (no need to go into pwned DFU mode, no need to start TinyUmbrella TSS server, no need to redirect to Cydia server for blobs)
- PARTIAL blobs stitched to any IPSW requires you to go into pwned DFU mode before running iTunes. No need to start TU or use Cydia though.
- stitching either FULL or PARTIAL blobs to a CUSTOM IPSW also requires a pwned DFU start before iTunes restores. No need to start TU or use Cydia though.
- stitching is NOT yet supported on iPhones (well, at least not tested). Need to work out the baseband part of the restore process.
- will eventually support fetching the blobs directly from Cydia instead of a file on your computer
RedSnow 0.9.9 b1 Supportive iDevices
- iPhone 4 GSM
- iPhone 4 CDMA
- iPod Touch 3G
- iPod Touch 4G
- iPad 1
- iPhone 3GS