Do you like this story?
RedSnow 0.9.9 b1 Jailbreak iOS 5, 4.3.5, 4.3.3
As we have already informed you about the latest redsnow updated by MuscleNerd today. Redsnow 0.9.9 b 1 has been released now. Redsn0w 0.9.9b1 Doesn’t Require IPSW File, Fetches, Verifies, Queries, Stitches Blobs and Fixes Recovery Mode. RedSnow 0.9.9b1 has no need to point your iPhone,iPad and iPod touch except iPad 2 at IPSW for jailbreak. RedSnow 0.9.9 beta1 allows users to save SHSH blobs to CYDIA. Here we provide you to jailbreak your iDevices procedure. Follow the below point step by step.
Redsnow 0.9.9b1 Features (Dev Team Blog)
- uses DFU mode to try to automatically determine which device and FW you have
- fetches pieces of public IPSWs from Apple (once). Non-public IPSWs must be provided manually (once). It then caches those pieces for future use.
- “Just boot” is a tethered boot. Uses whatever “Preferences” you’ve set for boot logo and kernel boot-args
- “Pwned DFU” puts your device in a pwned DFU state for some of the iTunes stuff detailed below
- “Recovery fix” gets past 1015 types of errors (when baseband portion of restore fails). Should work on iOS5 beta too
- “Select IPSW” is for picking non-public IPSWs, or overriding auto-detection
- “SHSH blobs” has a bunch of options…
- “Fetch” – fetch current PARTIAL blobs on device. Should complete in under 10 or 15 seconds. Puts the set of PARTIAL of blobs on your computer as a plist. Checks if Cydia already has a full set for this device and build. If not, it submits this PARTIAL set and returns Cydia’s acknowledgement or rejection
- “Verify” – cryptographically verifies existing blob files from either redsn0w, TinyUmbrella, or Cydia server. You can select a whole bunch of blobs to verify at once if you want (like the TinyUmbrella directory)
- “Submit” – both verifies and submits one or more blob files to Cydia. This lets you copy your entire TinyUmbrella cache of blobs up to the Cydia server
- “Query” – queries the Cydia server for all available FULL or PARTIAL blobs for a given set of ECIDs
- “Stitch” – stitches either FULL or PARTIAL blobs to a STOCK or CUSTOM IPSW
- FULL blobs stitched to a STOCK IPSW gives you a completely self-contained signed IPSW that iTunes will accept without any tricks (no need to go into pwned DFU mode, no need to start TinyUmbrella TSS server, no need to redirect to Cydia server for blobs)
- PARTIAL blobs stitched to any IPSW requires you to go into pwned DFU mode before running iTunes. No need to start TU or use Cydia though.
- stitching either FULL or PARTIAL blobs to a CUSTOM IPSW also requires a pwned DFU start before iTunes restores. No need to start TU or use Cydia though.
- stitching is NOT yet supported on iPhones (well, at least not tested). Need to work out the baseband part of the restore process.
- will eventually support fetching the blobs directly from Cydia instead of a file on your computer
How to Jailbreak Your Device with Redsnow 0.9.9 beta 1 (steps)
Step 1: Download Redsnow 0.9.9b1 for Window or Mac
Step 2: For Jailbreak your device, just Click on “Jailbreak” button and follow the standard onscreen instructions to enter DFU mode in order to install Cydia on your device.
If you are not using any Beta firmware like iOS 5, Redsn0w 0.9.9b1 will automatically fetch all the important bits from the required firmware files without bothering you to download those large IPSW files.
If you are using iOS 5 Beta firmware, you will need to provide the .IPSW firmware file manually.
Step 3: Congrats! You are done with the jailbreak. Optionally, you can use extra features found under “Extras” option. This includes options such as entering DFU mode, booting in tethered mode (required by all tethered jailbreaks: iOS 4.3.5, 4.3.4, iOS 5), fetching, verifying or using SHSH blobs, changing boot logos and more.