Do you like this story?
[How To] Install .deb file Cydia
Install .deb file: first of all, what is a .deb file ?
It is a package which contains everything you need to install an application (often coming from Cydia). The package is edited by hackers, they modify the code lines and then it becomes a cracked application.
There are several methods listed below which I read from some sites and unable to implement them , or may be anyone of you find those methods easier thats why I also explained those methods.
Method I use and Feel Comfortable with:
First of all , i would like to explain the method which I used for the installation of the Cydia Packages.
- iPhone Explorer latest version Installed on your Computer
- iTunes , Better to have the updated version of the iTunes
- JailBroken iDevice. If you are having the Factory Unlocked iDevice then You are first required to install cydia on iDevice , Because only Cydia can execute the DEB file.
Step By Step Guide:
- Now Attach the iDevice with the computer via Data Cable
- Open the iPhone Explorer Installed on your computer
- Now you will see the Root Directory and Apps Folder named under the device name in the left hand panel . Open Root Directory >> var >> root >> media >>Cydia>>Auto Install
- Place the .Deb package file downloaded , in the Auto Install folder via Drag and drop method in the right hand panel.
- Now Reboot your iDevice and you will notice Cydia package file dropped in the precious step is now installed.
You can place as many .deb files at a time and then reboot will install all the .deb packages together. I tried this method on my iPhone 4 running iOS 4.3.3 and Using Windows 7 Home premium and I think this will the same way on MAC operating systems.
There’s different ways to install a .deb file, we will the main ones :
First method : Mobile Terminal
[Steps 2 and 3 are only if you never installed a .deb file with this method]
1:- Download the .deb file you want (example : LockInfo)
2:- Start Cydia, go to “Search”, type “Mobile Terminal” and install it
3:- Repeat step 2 for “OpenSSH”
4:- Start “MobileTerminal”
5:- Type the following commands :
- su (press return)
- alpine (press return) /!\ You won’t see the typed password then don’t worry /!\
- dpkg -i nameofpackage.deb (press return, replace name of package with LockInfo for the example)
Note that you can rename the .deb file like 1.deb (it’s easier to type)
Second method : iFile (+ Safari Downloader)
- A jailbroken iPhone
- OpenSSH installed (search in Cydia)
- afc2add 1.01 fix usb if jailbreak was done with Blackra1n.
If you experience some problems to access SSH :
- Copy the file iTunesMobileDevice.dll in the installation folder of the SSH software used.
- Display the hidden files
- The file iTunesMobileDevice.dll is there : C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin
1:- Start the SSH software you want (WinSCP, FileZilla, iFunBox…) and connect to your iPhone
2:- Copy a .deb file in var/Mobile/ or the folder you prefer
3:- Install the .deb file just by clicking on it
4:- Reboot your iPhone
Third method : AutoInstallation
1:- Connect to your iPhone with SSH software
2:- Create the folder Cydia/AutoInstall into var/root/Media/
3:- Reboot your iPhone