Do you like this story?
[How To] Fix “Device Not Eligible for Upgrade / Restore / Requested Build” Error
Fix error 1013, 1600, 1601, 1602, 1603, 1604 while Updating To Newer Firmware For Untethered Jailbreak How To: We are here to provide almost all solutions for your Problems. Definitely you will face problems regarding the Upgrading towards Newer Firmware to take advantages of Untethered Jailbreak while updating your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You might have encountered various problems such as error 1013, 1600, 1601, 1602, 1603, 1604 etc. These errors might tell you that your device is not eligible for upgrade, or that it’s not eligible for restore, or even that it isn’t eligible for the requested build. These are so commen errors During updraging to an Untethered solution and there is an easy fix for them. We are providing you the solutions, now it is upto you to Choose the Easiest one you think. All it takes only few seconds. We are putiing 2 Solutions “The Long one” and “The Easiest one” below.
The Hard Solution: Editing Files Manually
- Locate the hosts file in one of the following directories:
Windows 95/98/Me c:\windows\hosts
Windows NT/2000/XP Pro c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
Windows XP, Vista, 7 c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
- Right click on it and choose “Open With…” then click on “Notepad”
- Remove the line that has gs.apple.com completely and save the file
- Make sure you are logged in as the administrator
- Open Finder
- Hold down COMMAND + SHIFT keys and press ‘G’
- Enter “/private/etc/” in the field and press “Go”
- Find “hosts” file in the directory
- Drag the file to your desktop
- Open it in text editor
- Remove the line that has gs.apple.com entirely or put a # at the beginning of it to comment it out
- Save the file
- Drag it back to the /private/etc/ folder
- Enter your username and password to authenticate
Once this is done, proceed to restore or update your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. You shouldn’t have any problems further more.
The Easiest Way: By TinyUmbrella
- Download TinyUmbrella
- Launch TU and go to the “Advanced” tab
- Uncheck the box that says “Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit (If you need a clean restore from Apple uncheck this box)”
- Close TinyUmbrella
You should now be good to go ahead with the restore or firmware update.