As the Apple’s media Event was the most awaited thing in March. Yesterday Apple Announced iPad 3 and Apple TV 3rd gen along with iOS 5.1 Final release and iTunes 10.6 update. After all this now its time for Jailbreakers to provided Jailbreak Tool for iOS5.1. Again Dev Team wins the race MuscleNerd provided the tethered Jailbreak For iOS 5.1. RedSnow 0.9.10 b6 is the latest Redsn0w now. RedSnow 0.9.10b6 is for windows and mac, which is Tethered iOS 5.1 so you have to connect your iDevices with computer. RedSnow 0.9.10 beta6 is only for Non A5 iDevices including iPhone 4, iPod Touch 3rd Generation and all iDevices before than iPad 2. Still iPhone 4S, Latest iPad 3 and iPad2 users have to wait for any Jailbreak For iOS5.1.
First we will provide some precautions before upgrading the iOS 5.1.
Dev Team Notes Before Apple Event
- Soon after 5.1 appears on Apple’s public servers (i.e. iTunes starts to offer it), Apple will stop signing 5.0.1 SHSH blobs.
- If you have an iPhone4S, the basic rule above is really the only rule: you cannot restore back to 5.0.1 once the 5.0.1 signing window is closed, no matter what (even if you saved your SHSH blobs).
- If you have an iPad2 with saved 4.x hashes, you can in fact downgrade to that 4.x but you won’t be able to get to 5.0.1 once the 5.0.1 signing window is closed (even if you saved your 5.0.1 SHSH blobs).
- If you have a device earlier than the iPad2, you can downgrade to whatever version you want, as long as you have saved SHSH blobs for that version. You’ll need the assistance of geohot’s limera1n exploit with tools like redsn0w to get into “pwned DFU mode” and bypass the downgrade restriction.
If you have read all above precaution then it is upto you to install iOS 5.1 to your iDevices. Still you need iOS 5.1 Tethered Jailbreak then RedSnow 0.9.10 b6 is here and its release notes are below.
Dev Team RedSnow0.9.10 b6 Release Notes
- This is a *tethered* 5.1 jailbreak for non-A5 devices. You’ll need to use redsn0w to “Just Boot” your device every time it power cycles, otherwise jailbreak apps won’t work (neither will Safari).
- If you use ultrasn0w for your carrier unlock, be sure to use a custom IPSW to get to 5.1 first! Don’t ever restore to a stock Apple IPSW! Use redsn0w’s “Custom IPSW” button to create a NO_BB_* version of the 5.1 IPSW and restore to that instead of the stock one. (That option is available only to 3GS and iPhone4-GSM owners.) ultrasn0w itself will be updated for 5.1 in the next few days (same baseband support, not 5.1’s baseband).
- If you’re lucky enough to have an old-bootrom 3GS, this jailbreak is actually untethered (redsn0w will figure that part out automatically).
- While we were at it, we added @pod2g’s steaks4uce exploit to support MC models of the iPod touch 2G (whose last firmware was 4.2.1). So now redsn0w will auto-detect and jailbreak both MB and MC versions of that older device.
- iBooks won’t work until a future update of redsn0w
RedSnow 0.9.10b6 Supports For
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad 1
- 3rd-generation iPod touch
Download Links For RedSnow 0.9.10b6 For Windows and Mac are below.