Do you like this story?
As the released of untethered jailbreak of iOS 6 by eved3rs, here is the another jailbreak tool called Snowbreeze 2.9.8 has been released by “iH8Sn0w”. Snowbreeze v2.9.8 brings the support for iOS 6.1 and 5.2/6.0.x/6.1 untethers provided by evad3rs. There are two main bugs are fixed now as well as Hacktivation issues on 6.0.x and iFaith mode bugs. SnowBreeze is the Jailbreak tool for Windows that is helpful for unlockers & those who want to specify advanced parameters for their Jailbreak. SnowBreeze 2.9.8 creates custom pre-Jailbroken firmware files that must be restored to your iOS device in order to be Jailbroken.
iH8Sn0w Release Notes:
I should note AppleTV 2 stuff such as XBMC is currently broken. So you may want to hold back on updating until your favorite tweaks are updated and available.
- Windows 8 users currently need to use this workaround to run sn0wbreeze.
- First boot on an AppleTV 2 for 5.1/5.2 firmwares has funky glitches. Should be fixed by updates pushed via repos.
- iPad baseband will fail to flash on iOS 4.0 –> iOS 4.2.1 restores.
- iPod Touch 2G 4.x.x restores fail (fix coming soon).
As stated many times in the past, sn0wbreeze cannot be updated to work on A5(X) devices until a low level exploit in DFU or iBoot is found and made public. Therefore, A5(X) users will have to rely on using the lovely absinthe.
A5(X) Baseband Preservation/Hacktivation?
For those running A5(X) devices and need to preserve your baseband, there is nothing you can do at the moment. For those wanting to hacktivate, the only advice I can give is to buy the carrier’s SIM (the one its locked to obviously) on ebay. The SIM does not have to be active with the carrier to activate the phone.
What’s New In Snowbreeze 2.9.8
- Added iOS 6.1 support for iPhone 3GS, and A4 devices.
- Fixed some iFaith mode bugs
- Added 5.2/6.0.x/6.1 untethers provided by evad3rs
- Fixed Hacktivation issues on 6.0.x